Founded on the principals of freedom of expression. We believe that all voices are valid, every story deserves to be told, and every film has an audience. Within the next ten years, Autumn Sun will establish individual branches at, at least, twenty universities. Students will be able to compete and showcase work, while also being able to network with other HBCU communities associated with the
Autumn Sun Network.
Our hope is to become a beacon to the next generation of Black creatives. The next ‘Moonlight’, ‘Get Out’, and ‘13th’ will be found in Jackson (MS), Greensboro (NC), Nashville (TN), and every other city that is called home by these historic institutions."
Festival Submission Information
- Official Announcement on March 19th, 2021
- Participation is open to all Tennessee St, North Carolina
- AT&T and Bennett College students.
- Films must be, at least a 1:00 in length, max of 10:00...
All genres accepted.
- Submission period open from November 26 th , 2021 – January 16th, 2022.
- Finalist Announced February 2022.
- Live/Virtual Award Screening in Winter/Spring 2022.
- Date TBD by beginning of Fall semester.
- Cash prizes… $1,000 Grand prize. --- $500 & $300 2nd and 3rd place prizes. With a surprise cash bonus for the
- Audience Award. (Possibly with an Instagram poll)
January 16th, 2022. Entries will be viewed and voted on by a jury of filmmakers and critics. Some of whom have voted in past Golden Globe and Emmy nomination ballots. The top ten finalist will be showcased a public screening event in Greensboro(NC), in Spring 2022.
*Covid Depending Contingency plans for a virtual showcase are in place. The top three finalist announced in showcase, will receive cash prizes, with the grand prize totaling $1,000. (Prizes are sponsored by small businesses.)
By the way...If you enjoyed this podcast and article please share it with your friends!